The Women, Gender and Sexuality network of the Social Science History Association (Web)
Time: 21.-24.11.2019 ().
Proposalsy by: 01.03.2019
The theme of the 2019 conference is “Data and Its Discontents.” Panels and papers on other aspects of social science history of women, gender and sexuality are more than welcome. Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Data & In/Visibility
- Data, Truth and Power – Who Counts? What is Counted?
- Categorizing Data – Who Fits? Changes of Categories Over Time
- Data & Care – Who Cares?
- Data & Desire – Data as Fetish, Fetish as Data
- Resisting Dominant Data (Collection) – Queering Sources, Messy Stories, Leaky Bodies
- Things as Sources in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Feelings and the Senses as Sources in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies
The organizers strongly encourage:
- Submissions of entire panels with 3- or 4-papers, a chair and a discussant. Other session formats include roundtable discussions and book sessions.
- Graduate student applications (students may apply for a travel award at https://ssha.org/conference/).
- Interdisciplinary and transnational research.
Please contact us if you need help building your panel, e.g. brainstorm additional paper authors, or find a discussant and/or chair.
The Social Science History Association’s new electronic conference submission system for the Chicago 2019 conference is available at http://ssha2019.ssha.org. The submission system is brand new, so please bear with us as we all learn the ropes, and feel free to get in touch with us with any questions you may have about the process.
Contact: Benita Roth, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dominique Grisard, Dominique.email@example.com; Jadwiga E. Pieper Mooney, firstname.lastname@example.org; Martin Gössl, Martin.Goessl@fh-joanneum.at