14th European Social Science History Conference; Women and Gender Network (Web)
Venue: Gothenburg, Sweden
Proposals by: 15.05.2021
The ESSHC Women and Gender network invites proposals for individual papers and sessions – of 3-4 speakers, a chair and a commentator – focusing on interconnections between women, gender and risk in human histories and experiences. The organisers would like to discuss the following issues during our forthcoming conference:
- How gender impacts experiences of risk for different categories of people in human history;
- How do we use theory & methods in times of stress and what role do historians play;
- Need to revisit the figure of learning from history: gender, education and workplace;
- Gender-based violence in situations of crisis;
- Women and epidemic/epidemiology;
- Global and Asian perspectives on epidemics, women’s work and situations of crisis;
- Evaluation of women researcher’s work;
- Women’s movements and their roles in crisis;
- Women’s Labour: triple burden?
- Gender-sensitive management of crisis situations;
- Gender-sensitive response to risk.
The Women and Gender network encourages global and comparative perspectives on gender and risk. Please, send your proposals by 15 May 2021 at pre-registering on the ESSHC website (Link). The 14th European Social Science History Conference is organized by the International Institute of Social History in cooperation with the University of Gothenburg.
European Social Science History Conference
c/o International Institute of Social History
P.O. Box 2169, 1000 CD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
firstname.lastname@example.org, + 31 20 6685866