The Journal of Research on Women and Gender is a peer-reviewed electronic journal offered free annually over the World Wide Web. The journal welcomes manuscripts based on original work of scholars that documents women’s experiences and analyzes the significance of gender. It is an inter-disciplinary entity that reflects qualitative research, quantitative research, pedagogical works and creative projects.
Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2009
Scheduled date for first publication: March 1, 2010
* Articles submitted for consideration must be original
* Articles should be between 2,000 and 6,000 words in length, but should not exceed 6500 words
* Articles should be submitted electronically as HTML documents or as Microsoft Word files
* Graphics should be either in GIF or JPEG format
* All tables should be formatted using the table tool in Word rather than by using the tab key or space bar
* All submissions must include a title page with the title of the manuscript, 250-300 word abstract, the author’s (or authors‘) name(s), university affiliation, mailing address(es), e-mail address(es), and telephone number(s) for all authors
* Articles submitted must conform to the styles set forth in the publication manuals of the American Psychological Association, Chicago Manual of Style, or Modern Language Association
Note: Articles will undergo blind review by two or three editorial board members. Contributors will be notified via e-mail of the review board’s decision after the review due date of September 30.
Manuscripts and questions should be submitted to WGRC#txstate.edu. It is standard policy of the journal to include the e-mail addresses of all contributors so that they may be directly contacted by interested readers. Contributors who do not want their e-mail address included must inform the editor at time of submission.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 30
REVIEWS DUE BACK: September 30
TARGET PUBLISHING DATE: March 1