IV. Annual Conference
Time: April 26-28, 2010
Place: Autonomous University of Nuevo León, Faculty of Philosophy, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
Deadline: Feb. 26, 2010
The Mexican Academy for Men’s Studies (AMEGH, AC) and the Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon invite researchers, educators and community-based leaders to submit papers to this annual conference. The purpose of AMEGH s Conferences is to provide a space in which experts on gender and men s studies from all scientific disciplines can share their research results and their educative program experiences with the scientific community and communitarian leaders.
Traditionally, this conference brings together distinguished researchers, professors, activists, students and community-based educators in the field of gender and men s studies world-wide.
Important note: The Conference will have simultaneous English-Spanish and Spanish-English interpreters.
Thematic Areas / Men s sexuality in relation to:
- Theoretical and methodological approaches
- Epistemology and processes of knowledge construction
- State and public policies
- Paternity and reproductive processes
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Sexual diversity and sexual dissidence
- Violence and mortality
- Rituals and processes in the construction of manhood
- Attention and education from civil society
- Processes of globalization
- Mass media and multimedia technology
- Formal and informal education
- Art and representations
- Identity and subjectivity
- Other areas of interest will be considered.
Deadline to submit papers: February 26, 2010
Submissions should include:
– Title and abstract (no more than 200 words) in English or Spanish
– Presentation format
– Requests for audiovisual equipment
Please send submissions to: congreso.am…@yahoo.com.mx
Further information: Academia Mexicana de Estudios de G nero de los Hombres, AMEGH, congreso.am…@yahoo.com.mx