The Journal of Gender Studies will be publishing a special issue of ‚Men and Masculinities‘ in September 2009 with guest editors Victoria Robinson and Angela Meah.
Work on masculinities has emerged in diverse disciplines in different countries, and they are looking for a broad spectrum of articles which reflect this diversity of positions and topics. Themes may include, amongst others:
- Historical masculinities
- Transitional masculinities
- Everyday and material masculinities
- Global masculinities
- Researching men and masculinities
- Cross cultural masculinities
- Performing masculinities
- Masculinities and gender relations
- Feminism and masculinities
- Men and masculinities in the academy
- Alternative masculinities
Contributions from academics, activists and practitioners are welcome. They may be in the form of academic articles, poetry or short fiction, short essays and reports, for example.
Visit the website: www.informaworld.com/cjgs and click on ‚Instructions for authors‘ for guidelines on length, formatting, submission procedure, etc.
Submissions should be sent to jgs#lincoln.ac.uk